This Radiocarbon Dating Equipment is developed for benzene production.
Benzene is used as counting media for conventional radiocarbon dating based on liquid scintillation counting (LSC).
Thus depending on available datable carbon benzene line produces of 0.1-6.0 g benzene per sample.
New lab (Poland, 2014
, press to enlarge)
OUR CONCEPT IS:
Creation of low volume Vacuum Benzene Line
based on Teflon, Stainless Steel, Titanium and Boron-Silicate Glass as materials; Introduce Technologies of Vacuum Pyrolysis and Cryogenic Trapping for Controlled Transfer and Transport
of All Substances in the Benzene Line during sample preparation.
Commercial offer includes
: Conventional Radiocarbon Dating Equipment
and Staff Training
Benzene line consists of subsets used for High
temperature processes and Teflon vials for C-14 liquid scintillation counting
High Temperature set serves for:
- Charring samples of wood, peat, humic acids, collagen etc.
- Lithium carbide production,
- Vacuum pyrolysis - the direct chemisorption
- into a lithium alloy of carbonaceous gases produced by the controlled pyrolysis of organic materials under vacuum conditions.
- Vacuum pyrolysis widened application of conventional radiocarbon dating equipment for different kind of sample materials.
Reaction vessel is the Heart of Benzene Line.
- Reaction vessel is included in the high and low temperature processes. It serves to synthetize lithium carbide by performing of chemical transformation reactions using Carbon of any kind of carbon containing
sample material and lithium metal. It is covered with hermetic vacuumed and water cooled head and it works at 750 - 850 oC as it was described serving for
Vacuum pyrolysis at
Skripkin and Kovaliukh, 1998].
Low Temperature Set serves for:
- Acetylene production and catching,
- Acetylene purification,
- Benzene synthesis and catching by freezing,
- Highly effective catalyst,
- Benzene purification by acid treatment and sublimation.
General LSC technology
We recommend Teflon vials of extreme long durability
for optimal C-14 liquid scintillation counting (spectrometry) in benzene, which have excellent technical performances: high counting efficiency, low background and low benzene leakages.
Thus application of Teflon vials
especially for small benzene samples enables excellent performances for C-14 liquid scintillation counting: high counting efficiency,
low background, negligible leakage and extreme durability.
Benzene Line or Conventional Radiocarbon Dating Equipment is
Chemical Laboratory Equipment set for benzene production to be used as counting sample media for C-14 Liquid Scintillation Counting.
Radiocarbon Dating Machine. Setting up a radiocarbon laboratory and staff training.
Some parts of Benzene Line
traps could serve as portable carbon dating equipment which are used to collect carbon dating sample
materials like CO2 and carbonates.
Home on Russian
Copyright : 2013 - 2016
Page last saved at: 02/09/2016